PE and Sport Grant allocation
PE and Sport Grant allocation and how we use it.
Currently the government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
In Brindishe Lee for 2015-16 our grant was £9202, in Brindishe Green it was £10756 and in Brindishe Manor £990.
At Brindishe Primary Schools we believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the all-round development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn about our key values such as respect, co-operation, team work, perseverance, focus and respect for oneself and others.
We use our sport premium funding to;
- provide specialist sports coaching and tuition during curriculum time
- develop club and community links with local groups such as Old Colfeians Rugby Club and Kent Cricket Club
- enable increased participation in competitive competitions and festivals through local matches with other primary schools and through membership of the Lewisham School Sports Association
- provide professional development opportunities for teachers and teaching assistants enabling quality teaching and learning in PE for all children
- provide swimming tuition during curriculum time for children in upper KS2
- provide a play leader/coaches to run lunch-time active play opportunities to develop healthy life styles
- provide high quality equipment and resources for sports, PE and lunch time play. This includes equipment to support children’s ability to evaluate their own and others performance.
- provide training and equipment for targeted children in KS2 as well as a program to develop children as mentors and leaders in sport
- help to provide a range of before and after school sports clubs at low or no or subsidised cost
- enable children to be coached and supported and taken to high level competitions in and around London and the south east
Different clubs are provided at different times of the year and for different age groups so as to provide variety and to extend access.
At Brindishe Lee the clubs we provide include hockey, basketball, tag rugby, dance, high fives, handball, tennis, gymnastics, football, multi-sports, and cricket.
In Brindishe Green the clubs we provide include hockey, basketball, tag rugby, tennis, change4life, gymnastics, football, multi-sports, dance, cricket, volleyball, netball and yoga.
In Brindishe Manor the clubs we provide include football, gymnastics, tennis, cricket, multisport, tag rugby, dance, and basketball.
Each school has a designated PE coordinator to oversee all aspects of PE across the school and to ensure that PE continues to develop. All staff receive training to ensure that they are or will be supported to be able to teach PE to a high standard.
Our overall aims are to provide higher quality PE opportunities for all both in curriculum and out of hour provisions; improve learning and raise standards in P.E and sport; increase participation offered to our children, offer regular opportunities to participate in competitions and to make high quality teaching of PE and sport sustainable.