Dear parents, carers, staff, governors and friends at Brindishe Green
We are taking the opportunity in this week’s newsletter to provide as much information as we can regarding the handling of the Covid-19 virus within our schools. At the time of writing this, our procedures are up-to-date. However with the constant change, we will continue to update as and when we can.
As a Federation, we fully appreciate these are very uncertain times and we want to do all we can to communicate clearly with you, hopefully answering any questions you have. We are constantly monitoring guidance from Public Health, Department for Education, the Local Authority and using this to inform all our decisions.
Situation at present
We are making sure that the school continues to provide the best education for our children and carry on as normal and we ask you to help us in this matter. There are many fake news stories around but we will be doing our best to inform you of the current situation. Our school is open as normal.
If you have any information regarding your child, yourselves or your family, please let us know.
Current protocols across the school
Following advice from the government and Public Health England, we have implemented the following:
- ensuring children wash their hands thoroughly throughout the day, using the 20 second rule. This includes washing their hands before eating lunch. The government has issued a video to show young children how to wash their hands. Please find the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VjeIWLnEg if you would like to reinforce this at home.
- a range of teaching opportunities to support children with the understanding of the virus, keeping safe, supporting each other and being kind.
- a ‘Step-Up’ cleaning programme delivered by our cleaning company. This includes more intense cleaning of high volume areas such as toilets, door handles and other high-usage surfaces such as bannister rails.
- further cleaning equipment that deactivates and destroys viruses has been purchased to be used by the cleaning company at the end of each day.
- an order for hand sanitizer containing more than 60% alcohol to use with your consent in school. This will be arriving as soon as they are able to deliver. We are hoping for this by next week.
- a deep clean of the entire school is planned for over the Easter holiday.
School visits that include the use of public transport
Following advice from the Department for Education, any school trip INVOLVING public transport will be postponed/cancelled. The advice we have states “In addition to handwashing before eating, and after coughing and sneezing, both children and staff should also wash hands after using toilets and travelling on public transport.’ As we cannot guarantee that children can wash their hands on a trip, this means our schools will not go on any trips which involve public transport.
School visits/events that DO NOT include public transport
If the school visit involves walking, these visits will continue at present. However we will monitor the situation closely and if DfE guidance changes we will inform you. Swimming will continue as normal.
During this period of uncertainty, we need to ensure we have the correct contact details for you and your family on our school system. This is your responsibility, so please check by logging into Arbor https://brindishe-green.uk.arbor.sc/?/home-ui/index
or emailing the school office.
Guidance on the Coronavirus
The Department for Education (DfE) helpline for parents and carers can answer any questions you may have related to education:
Tel: 0800 0468687
Opening hours: 8am-6pm Monday-Friday
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to a member of the senior leadership team or email through to the school.
We may not have the answer immediately, but will do everything we can to help support you, your child and your family.
BUT please remember the main points:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands: CATCH IT, BIN IT, KILL IT.
Thank you in advance for your support. We wish you a restful weekend.